note: this is a month-old overdue post as i have been summoning up my wits and is procrastinating but i ran out of alibis to postpone it further..
|the invite with elly, pato and of course, pocoyo!
date: august 30, 2010
location: jollibee – puregold, malolos city
theme: pocoyo goes to jollitown
this is another milestone in my son’s book, his very first birthday!
we woke up the morning of august 31st a little bit late (what with the party jitters settling in, i can’t seem to sleep the previous night plus i went home a little late from picking up my son’s pocoyo cake and cupcakes from cupcakesforless and having a much-needed, well-deserved mani/pedi which was also a treat for myself since it was my birthday 2 days ago), anyway all i have to do is prepare my son for this afternoon’s event, since everything else is set for the party later!i got all the loot bags and other party favors neatly stacked in a paperbag, jared’s babybag prepared the night before, the cool diy standee (more of do-it-by-tito, since i had everything done by my bro, ken), after some last minute tweaking from my brother is now stationary in a corner of the room waiting for some party action,and the cake and cupcakes stashed in a corner ready for transport. and yes, i’ve forgotten about the piñata, where is it anyway? only about 30% of it is finished and we have like what four hours or so before the party starts!okay, before i go into panic attack, took some breath to clear my chest and just relax…inhale, exhale, relaxing now…oh god, where are the cd giveaways!
these cuppies are way too cute and yummy too..ooops, that missing one
didn’t last the first hour i brought it home…
it turned out that we have yet to burn a few cd giveaways and attach the layout to them and finish the piñata and buy additional candies for the piñata as well, before we troop to jollibee for jared’s party. okay i think that is manageable, there are 6 of us working simultaneously to get all the last-minute works done. no worries, no pressure, right? well easier said than done. when it is your son who’s having his very first birthday and you are the one organizing it, i think i have all the right to panic now?!
cd layout…the birthday outfit…loot bag
here’s my second edition Meet me On Monday:
the questions are:
1. Do your pants get hung on a hangar or folded?
2. If you are stranded on an Island, what 3 things would you need to have with you (not including humans or electronic devices)?
3. Where is the farthest you have ever traveled to?
4. Do you live in a house, trailer or apartment, etc.?
5. What is your most hated household chore?
1. Some of it the ones i usually wear i put in hangers in my closet for easy retrieval and some which are seldom worn (including those that i love but no longer fit and am still dreaming of wearing someday) are folded in my closet.
2. first i need books (loads of ’em), then i’d need my pajamas so i still can sleep soundly and lastly bottled water cause i get thirsty so easily
3. cebu is the farthest so far but given the chance i would love to travel the world, with my beautiful baby in tow.
4. i live in the very same house i was living since i was 10 years old. planning to move to a new one but i think i will have a hard time adjusting if that happens, plus our home holds loads of wonderful memories of my parents and my childhood..
5. most hated household chore will have to be cleaning the bathroom, but then again someone’s got to do the dirty work around here sometimes, haist!
i’d love to hear your story, just click on the image above if you want to link up!
I so wanted to join this writing workshop ever since that day I chanced upon it on Mama Kat’s lovely blog, alas, procrastination and motherhood in between, days and weeks flew by with nil participation from me, so to make up for what’s lost, here is my writing workshop’s entry for the week and my very first…
If I could stop time for 24 hours and given that all of my son’s needs and concerns will be attended to while am at it, I would love to put on my old, forgotten bathing suit (lying somewhere beneath the rubble and the debris that is my closet!) put several dozen paperbacks (so I can catch up on my reading) on my green/purple mailman and rush to the first beach that pops up to mind, with my flip flops in tow, to work on my tan!
I envision myself lying on the beachfront, a Coelho or a Kinsella on one hand and a tall glass of green mango shake with that colorful, lovely, tiny umbrella on top and just taking in the sun, the salty air on my face, the lovely coconut trees dancing to an old, familiar tune, the warm breeze and the quiet, calm atmosphere that I love so much about seasides. or i can spend the entire afternoon, doing yoga and just breathing followed by taking an afternoon nap in a hammock or while having a rejuvenating massage, a facial, and a foot massage.
I would love to walk barefoot on the beach at sunset then I’d have a henna tattoo of my son’s name on my nape and shoulder. Come dinner time, I’d dig in on yummy and scrumptious grilled squids and all sorts of delicious sea harvests, salads and green mangoes! And probably I wouldn’t hurt if I’d have a shot or two of tequila to cap the night…
And when that’s all done, I’d probably repeat everything from the top, only this time with my son, in his cute pocoyo trunks, in tow!
now, let’s hear yours!