i have only been a blogger for almost 7 months now and i would consider myself a novice in all this blogging business. there is just way too many things to learn as i go along. i’ve originally started my blog to chronicle my son’s very first birthday and eventually post a tip or a pointer or two to be of help to other mummies out there struggling to throw a simple yet memorable first birthday bash for their kiddos!
and then my blogging seem to have taken a life of its own, it wasn’t merely an online journal of my motherhood journey, but has pushed me to different directions and opened up a whole new horizon for me. i now see it as:
- an opportunity to connect with other stay-at-home mums out there, may it be online (through pmb) or in person through mommy bloggers’ events i attended
- an outlet for my frustrations when all this mum-staying-at-home business is not working out exactly the way i want it
- a source of a much needed adult conversation, when my constant companion, my baby, has yet to go beyond the monosyllabic exchange
- as an opportunity to earn so i can continue staying at home to prioritize my son
- as an avenue to meet potential lifelong friends
- a chronicle of my own, personal continuing education about life in general
- as another form of self-expression in this digital world
writing is a form of personal freedom. it frees us from the mass identity we see in the making around us. in the end, writers will write not be outlaw heroes of some underculture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals.
- have my own domain (i have a new .info domain, much thanks to the domain angel!)
- have my own web-hosting (check, courtesy of 888host!) (so, someone will be busy in a few weeks time transferring to my own web-hosting under my own domain name, yay!)
- have my first 100 followers (which i’ve accomplished a few weeks back, so that is another reason to celebrate!), and counting down the next 100!
- monetize my blog (i’ve currently signed up with paid-to-post site, hopefully my blog will be approved and start earning soon)
- and drive traffic to my blogs via blog memes and blog hops, and ultimately, making quality, entertaining, and hopefully slightly intelligent posts my readers will like and relate to☺)
i realized staying at home to focus on my childminding duties need not be boring, i do it the coolest way i can – i blog!
- 1st prize: Php10,000 + domain + ad spot for 3 months
- 2nd prize:Php 6,000 + ad sport for 2 months
- 3rd prize:Php 4,000 + ad sport for a month
much thanks to the following sponsors for making this giveaway possible:
- NursingUniforms.net – offers a wide range of branded nursing scrubs and lab coats
- Straw Hat Luffy – Anime, Games, Sports and Gizmos
- Make Money Online Philippines | Winziph
- Web Design Philippines
- Scolex Portal
- PCSO Lotto Results
- NLE Results – Nursing board exam results
- LET Results – Teachers’ board exam results
- Talent Search News
- Computer Basics Tutorial
contest ends on february 28 and winners will be announced on march 31st, 2011.