This week, I’m going to give you a choice of fill-ins OR a different kind of fill-in (or both). A friend emailed me a list where you have to identify Christmas songs by the initials of the first words of the first line of each song. Each Friday until Christmas Eve I’ll post 9 more of these songs and if you’d like to play along, great!
So…here we go!
1. The best thing about a birthday celebration is it is a great way of celebrating and thanksgiving for another year in your life.
2. a mother’s love will not fade even through the passage of time.
3. I went shopping recently and the most interesting thing I bought was my earthpocket diaper bag.
4. playing seems only just a child’s game but it does foster learning.
5. The reason is my favorite hoobastank song.
6. i prefer this kind of weather than snow and cold.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to sleeping tight after a whole day of home chores, tomorrow my plans include resting some more and Sunday, I want to go out and enjoy the sun!
1. HYAMLC: have yourself a merry little christmas 2. TFNTADS: 3. GRYMGLNYD: 4. ICUAMC: 5. SNHNAICAIB: silent night holy night all is calm all is bright 6. OTFDOCMTLGTM: on the first day of christmas my true love gave to me 7. DTHWBOHFLLLLLLLL: deck the halls with boughs of holly fa la la la la la la la la 8. YBWOYBNC: you netter watch out you better not cry 9. JTTWTLHC: joy to the world the lord has come
if you want to try your shot (or if in case you want to help me figure out the rest of the christmas songs puzzle!), do swing by
1. What is your favorite way to eat chicken? 2. Have you decorated for Christmas yet? 3. What is your favorite article of clothing? 4. Do you pay your bills online or write checks the old way? 5. Do you make Christmas cookies?
1. i love it fried and crunchy and yes i eat the skin, by my favorite way of eating chicken is pininyahang manok (that’s chicken with pineapple chunks and milk, my mom’s recipe is the best!)
2. yup, check it here. i still have to buy some more decorations to make it look more festive and yes, i haven’t found a star or an angel to place on top of it….
3. my favorite article of clothing?hmm, let me see, i am usually clad in my shirt and shorts cause i’m usually just at home taking care of jared and doing the household chores. but i must say i love my gray shorts by far, saves me the trouble of wearing jeans (which i must admit are a tad tighter now that i am continously gaining weight and getting bigger in the midsection!darn!) and very comfy too. fits a mum who has to dash every few seconds to follow her toddling little boy! but unfortunately i do not have a nice photo of it to share, in my future posts perhaps.
4. neither, i pay bills in cash and do it the long, old fashioned, inconvenient way. each bill payment day i would drag myself (with jared in tow, or lest nag someone else to do it for me!) to the nearest shopping center and pay it manually, pathetic, i know but gives me peace of mind doing it that way. am afraid of way too many hackers giving a go at my online account!!
5. if i could, i definitely would in lavish christmas shapes my son will totally love. one day soon, i will learn how to bake biscuits and more…any tips for budding cooks like me?
note: thanks a bunch google for the cute photos:)
my take on this week’s meet me on monday, now it’s your turn.
1. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2. Where will you eat on Thanksgiving? 3. Would you rather go to a party or host a party? 4. How many purses (for the guys..wallets) do you own? 5. What is your favorite kind of seafood?
1. i sleep with four large pillows and sometimes jared’s baby bolsters and moo pillow join the party!
2. we do not celebrate thanksgiving here in the philippines but if we do i will most likely celebrate it eating a sumptious (i hope!) meal hear at home
3. i’d rather that i go to a party than host it, from what i experienced with my son’s first birthday (which reminds me, i haven’t posted it in its entirety)!
4. am not really a purse type of person cause i prefer to bring my backpack or my mailman bag wherever i go, and of late, the not-so-handy-dandy diaper bag that has all my son’s travel essential. i would just put my stuffs in the dappy’s bag pocket for convenience.but here is a preview of my new diaper bag i ordered from indigo baby!
photo courtesy of indigomanila
5. my favorite kind of seafood is tuna!i can eat everything tuna, tuna belly, sizzling tuna, and yes even fita in tuna flavor used to by my staple. can’t get enough of it:)
humongous that he was, this mammoth of a bee brings such great joy to my son and he never loses his charm every single time…
i’ve already posted the other big thing i am supposed to be posting here (that picture of jared and santa) so i was stuck with this one..but on second thoughts i have a few versions of that picture so here’s another one…
my entry to mommy moments….link up your entry here
this is a section of the mall i have totally neglected, see i am not really your accessories girl more so when i became a mum. accessories for me will just consist of my simple earrings (pearls mostly, in different shades which i’ve procured long before i became a mother, a yellow, shell-like one which my kumareng (that’s a godmother of my son in our vernacular) jannai gave me several christmases ago, some button-like thingies and star and heart shaped ones, and my lovely green dangling i got as a christmas present from my friend, jackie), a bunch of bangles (the breakable once which i bought for cheap in the guadalupe tiangge ages ago and which i can’t wear a lot, especially when i go out with my son), this lovely bracelet (made of charms and swarovski, in purple, which i had when i was pregnant), my watch (which reminds me – i had to go to the nearest timex branch to order for a new bracelet so i can replace the broken one and wear it again) and that’s about complete my arsenal! yup, i admit i am not your girlie type of girl really, i am only girlie to a certain extent!lol!
for apparels, same thing. i cannot recall the last time i bought myself new stuff, well, save for shorts and the pedal pushers which daddy egged me to buy a few months back from the giordano depot in shell of asia. i would probably buy one (a shirt or any top to much any of my son’s christmas attire – so we can go out in terno!hehe!)
there goes my entry for this week’s Girls Talk, what’s yours…link up so i can read and leave you a comment…