jared turned a year and two months old eve of halloween and these are just a few of his baby accomplishments, traits, idiosyncrasies and whatnots:
1. he turns the computer off especially if mum is so engrossed in playing cafeworld and she can barely notice
2. he shouts “dede” when he wants to drink milk, and
3. he reaches out his hands to his drinking bottle’s direction if he wants to drink water
4. he can now take eight to 12 steps, or more, unsupported or without grasping at things
5. he now mumbles a lot, albeit mostly still in gibberish, but i sure can tell that he will say his few clear words in no time!
6. he calls mum “mama” and sometimes, when he is having such a great day, he can also say “da-ddy!”
7. he calls daddy’s car “toot”, imitating the sound the car’s horn makes
8. he can focus on the screen for what seemed like eternity, without even blinking, heavy in concentration
9. he downs 7oz of milk every two hours and
10. seems moody and picky when it comes to his solid food
11. he loves spaghetti and fries!
12. he definitely loves music, just about any type! (the nights spent listening to Mozart and company, prenatal, finally paid off)
13. he knows that he has to throw his ball to get it lighting again
14. he tends to be shy around strangers but will be friendly and smiling once he get the hang of it
15. seems like all he wants to do is to walk, walk and walk
16. he just had his Hepa A vaccine
17. he now weighs a whopping 13 kilograms
18. he loves books and mumbles as he holds one aloft, as if reading aloud!
19. he adores barney’s i love you song
20. and alternates that with elmo’s elmo song
21. and still loves pocoyo to bits!
22 he drinks loads of water daily, too!
23. he says “bab-ba” for bye-bye whilst waiving his hand
24. he seems to enjoy going out and travelling
25 although he sleeps most of the time as we travel by car
26. sometimes it’s way to difficult to have him to fall asleep, but the good old lullaby often does the trick
taking care of a toddlers is such a handful, it does take almost all my time. but i will never trade any moment of this, both good and bad. i simply love being a mother to jared..
i’d love to hear about your toddler’s story…